Friday, September 23, 2011

In Boulder

Doing my final prep for Kona this year I decided to visit my good friend Wes Hobson in Boulder. While out here I hired Bobby McGee, one of triathlons best running coaches to go over my run form with me. I have to say this was one of the best run evaluations I have ever been through. It was pretty expensive, but quite worth it. It is exciting to hear things I am doing wrong because as I tell my athletes, that means you can get faster! When I tell athletes things that they can improve, sometimes they get upset however I remind them the absolute worst news is “congratulations, you are at your genetic potential”.

I stopped by Retul while here as well. My local shop The Bike Shop Glen Ellyn will be getting a system and I wanted to see what it is all about. Matt explained to me a couple tweaks he could make to make me MINUTES faster in the bike portion of the race… WOW! We decided to wait till after Kona as we are just two weeks out to make the changes, but I am excited to try that out as well.

1 comment:

jameson said...

Retul. I will be getting a Retul Fit post kona as well. need all the additional speed I can get. have fun, smash it and see you in kona.