Sunday, April 10, 2016

2 weeks after surgery

I was able to go off the pain meds after about 3 days. They gave me some powerful stuff, and some not so powerful stuff. I never used the big boy stuff, had a few restless nights but all in all seem to be fine.

My foot swells a bit when I am up and about a lot. That makes it uncomfortable but the stiches seem to be healing quite nicely and Tanya, is dying to take them out here at home. To be fair she is an Orthopedic surgical PA. We are waiting at this point to hear if the Dr. would rather us come in for that.

Gina has given me a few PT sessions already. I’ve been in a boot so have been able to do some slight movements of the foot and its remarkably tight, but very little pain. At this point I think the PRP felt worse for the first week but the IDEA of what is actually trying to heal makes this recovery more serious by far.

I’m supposed to be able to do slight weight bearing starting Tuesday I guess. For the first time since the surgery I can start to wrap my head around the idea that it would actually be able to be done. I worry how this foot will be able to do all that my good foot has been doing for me in just a few short weeks when I have my other one done. I don’t think it will be able to yet but I still would rather they both heal up simultaneously then to get all the way through this then restart the entire process. We may look into wheel chairs for a couple weeks to help ease the burden of the good foot while it gets strong.

I’ve actually been able to work out with Garrett twice. I’m on my knees the entire time but am able to do sit ups, curls, pushups, band work, etc.

I still put the oils on it 2-3 times a day and I think it is helping things heal up nicely.

I should have more to report in a week when I can actually start to use it. until now, it’s just been hanging off my body. So nothing really to update.


I do feel very satisfied at this point I had this done. I have zero regrets. At least for now. J

No comments: